Flourish Counseling & Wellness, a specialty group psychotherapy practice in the Chicago Loop & Oak Park, is seeking to hire two highly qualified, full-time clinicians to join our team.
Our mission is to provide counseling, advocacy and resources focused on perinatal mental health from fertility to pregnancy, through postpartum and motherhood. We envision a world where all women and families have the information and support they need to heal, connect and flourish.
Flourish Counseling & Wellness offers individual, couples and group therapy in addition to workshops and consulting services specializing in perinatal mental health and wellness.
This position provides the opportunity for therapists to treat a range of issues directly related to women’s reproductive & perinatal mental health, including women’s health, family planning, infertility, pregnancy loss, fetal anomalies, depression/anxiety during pregnancy & postpartum, birth trauma, menopause and the parenthood journey.
The clinician must be willing to work two evenings per week or one evening and Saturdays. This is a full-time, W-2 position (20-25 direct client hours per week). Applicants experienced in providing couples therapy, group therapy and/or EMDR are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or higher in social work, professional counseling, clinical psychology or marital and family therapy and must be fully licensed (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychology – Ph.D./PsyD)
- Must have at least two years of full-time postgraduate experience providing outpatient psychotherapy
- Must have experience evaluating, diagnosing, and treating emotional disorders in an outpatient setting. Demonstrated experience and training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy/Dialectical Behavior Therapy/Acceptance and Commitment Therapy OR women’s reproductive/perinatal mental health/couples therapy/trauma. Additionally, the candidate must have an interest in developing further expertise in the above areas
- Must have a basic therapeutic framework and foundation for treating perinatal mental health disorders. With the understanding that clinicians are always deepening their skills and knowledge, candidates must at least have previous field experience in working with women and their families in a clinical capacity. The clinician must be trauma-informed and open to discussing and exploring the client-therapist relationship.
- Ability to interact effectively, sensitively, and professionally with clients and the professional community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Therapists must complete and manage electronic notes and scheduling within 3 days of the appointment session
- Candidates should reserve a minimum of 20 hours per week at Flourish Counseling & Wellness. Therapists may not work in other group or private practices but may work in other therapeutic settings as they build their caseload.
- Therapists at Flourish Counseling & Wellness meet bi-weekly for group consultation and individual supervision addressing both casework and professional development. Attendance is required.
- Applicants experienced in providing couples therapy, group therapy and/or EMDR are strongly encouraged to apply
- W-2 employee position
- Eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance(PPO) as a full-time employee
- Liability insurance through an employer
- Weekly consultation
- Educational stipend for professional development
- Referrals and marketing that help build your caseload
- Freedom to develop your own groups, workshops, outside teaching/consulting, or other initiatives that the practice will help promote
- Support growth, identity as a therapist, and work-life balance in group practice
- A supportive environment that values self-care and collaboration
- Beautiful office space in the Chicago Loop & Oak Park. Easily accessible via public transportation and nearby parking
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume/CV and two professional references to Emily Heilman via email at email@example.com.
Please discuss the following in your cover letter:
1) Your experience of perinatal mental health and what being a therapist means to you (identity, challenges, strengths and goals).
2) The potential experiences that both excite and challenge you about working in a group practice.